The Foundation for International Studies of Social Security aims to promote international, multidisciplinary research on social security. It pursues this aim by organizing scientific seminars and conferences and by publishing books.
On this website you will find information about FISS:
- its origins and purpose
- how it is governed and managed
- how to become a member and participate in its activities
- its international research seminars on Issues in Social Security
- details of its next seminar
- its book series, International Studies on Social Security
The foundation is overseen by a Board of Governors, which is chaired by Professor Peter Saunders (University of New South Wales). The daily management of FISS is in the hands of the Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy (University of Antwerp).
If you have any queries about FISS or its activities, please do not hesitate to contact us.
FISS is a charity registered in the Netherlands.